gmp.h not found, even though sources are found
Eric Neblock
c_eric@sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 21 15:59:00 GMT 2016
On 06/20/2016 05:56 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 17 June 2016 at 12:36, Eric Neblock wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I know this thread title is similar to a previous one; however, my
>> situation is different.
>>
>> I'm using a build script from here:
>> https://github.com/vedderb/summon-arm-toolchain/ and when trying to
>> compile, I was getting errors about not finding pre-req headers.
>>
>> This isn't my first rodeo with gcc, so I went to the contrib folder
>> and ./download_prerequisites, which worked as expected.
>
> That will download the prerequisites into the contrib directory.
>
> You need to run contrib/download_prerequisites i.e. run it in the
> parent directory, so the sources are put in the parent directory, not
> in the contrib directory.
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC
>
>> However, when trying to configure again, it failed on gmp.h. I tried
>> to specify --with-gmp, but that still didn't find it.
>
> That won't work, --with-gmp is used to point to an installed set of
> headers and libs, not the sources.
>
That did it. Thanks a lot!
Eric
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list