gcov-tool.c invalid conversion error building gcc 5.2.0 on ia64 HPUX

Brian Groose brian@groose.com
Fri Oct 9 19:41:00 GMT 2015


This looks the same as
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=66319, except I'm on ia64
instead of pa.  I wasn't quite sure how to apply those same changes to
my local copy of the gcc source code fir ia64, if that's even the
right approach.  Any idea what might be wrong here?

g++ -c  -DUSE_LIBUNWIND_EXCEPTIONS  -g -DIN_GCC    -fno-exceptions
-fno-rtti -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
-Wcast-qual -Wno-format -Wmissing-format-attribute
-Woverloaded-virtual -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros
-Wno-overlength-strings -fno-common  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.
-I../../gcc-5.2.0/gcc -I../../gcc-5.2.0/gcc/.
-I../../gcc-5.2.0/gcc/../include -I./../intl
-I../../gcc-5.2.0/gcc/../libcpp/include
-I/opt/jenkins/bg/gcc/build/./gmp -I/opt/jenkins/bg/gcc/gcc-5.2.0/gmp
-I/opt/jenkins/bg/gcc/build/./mpfr
-I/opt/jenkins/bg/gcc/gcc-5.2.0/mpfr
-I/opt/jenkins/bg/gcc/gcc-5.2.0/mpc/src
-I../../gcc-5.2.0/gcc/../libdecnumber
-I../../gcc-5.2.0/gcc/../libdecnumber/dpd -I../libdecnumber
-I../../gcc-5.2.0/gcc/../libbacktrace
-I/opt/jenkins/bg/gcc/build/./isl/include
-I/opt/jenkins/bg/gcc/gcc-5.2.0/isl/include  -o gcov-tool.o -MT
gcov-tool.o -MMD -MP -MF ./.deps/gcov-tool.TPo
../../gcc-5.2.0/gcc/gcov-tool.c
../../gcc-5.2.0/gcc/gcov-tool.c: In function 'int
unlink_profile_dir(const char*)':
../../gcc-5.2.0/gcc/gcov-tool.c:84: error: invalid conversion from
'int (*)(const char*, const stat*, int, FTW*)' to 'int (*)(const
char*, const stat*, int, FTW)'
make[3]: *** [gcov-tool.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jenkins/bg/gcc/build/gcc'
make[2]: *** [all-stage1-gcc] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jenkins/bg/gcc/build'
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jenkins/bg/gcc/build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

configure:
../gcc-5.2.0/configure --prefix=/opt/act-gcc-5.2.0 --enable-languages=c,c++

uname -a:
HP-UX hpux20 B.11.31 U ia64 1187131679 unlimited-user license

Currently installed gcc and g++ is 4.2.3 from the HPUX porting center.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list