gcc 4.4.3 build on redhat6.3 - fixedincludes is missing headers
vkr
venkatakrishnarao.ks@gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 08:57:00 GMT 2014
Hi Jonathan.
I compared the preprocessor output between pass and failure cases, and
the diff I saw gave me some hint that there were few headers in the
new installation.
I never knew that only those headers that should be fixed were copied
under fixed-includes.
We then checked our code, and realized we had to make some changes to
get the compilation going on redhat6.x
So, yes, it is not really a problem with the fixedincludes, instead our code.
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 February 2014 02:50, vkr wrote:
>> I was building gcc 4.4.3 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release
>> 6.3 (Santiago). Build has passed, however, fixedincludes directory is
>> missing some headers which were present in the redhat5.5 installation.
>
> Why do you think that's a problem?
>
> Only headers that need to be fixed will get fixed. If the headers on
> rhel5 and rhel6 are different (which of course they are) then a
> different set of headers will get fixed.
>
>> It seems to me that because features.h is picked from the system
>> header on Redhat6.x, when I compile my project source tree, not from
>> the fixedincludes, as it is missing anyway, compilation is failing.
>
> I don't understand this paragraph.
>
> Are you saying your project doesn't compile?
>
> Why do you think that is related to fixincludes?
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list