Building GCC 4.9: No rule to make target ../build-x89_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libiberty/libiberty.a
crazed.husk@gmail.com
crazed.husk@gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 07:50:00 GMT 2014
Hello-
I'm looking to build gcc 4.9 on RHEL 6.4 so I downloaded gcc-4.9-20140209 and all goes well up until the 'make', which immediately gives me a no rule to make target error for libiberty.a.
I found the library in the source, ran the configure and make and it built beautifully. Here's the make command output from the attempted gcc build
$ make
TARGET_CPU_DEFAULT="" \
HEADERS="auto-host.h ansidecl.h" DEFINES="" \
/bin/sh ../gcc/gcc/mkconfig.sh config.h
TARGET_CPU_DEFAULT="" \
HEADERS="options.h insn-constants.h config/vxworks-dummy.h config/i386/biarch64.h config/i386/i386.h config/i386/unix.h config/i386/att.h config/dbxelf.h config/elfos.h config/gnu-user.h config/glibc-stdint.h config/i386/x86-64.h config/i386/gnu-user-common.h config/i386/gnu-user64.h config/linux.h config/linux-android.h config/i386/linux-common.h config/i386/linux64.h config/initfini-array.h defaults.h" DEFINES="LIBC_GLIBC=1 LIBC_UCLIBC=2 LIBC_BIONIC=3 DEFAULT_LIBC=LIBC_GLIBC ANDROID_DEFAULT=0" \
/bin/sh ../gcc/gcc/mkconfig.sh tm.h
TARGET_CPU_DEFAULT="" \
HEADERS="config/i386/i386-protos.h config/linux-protos.h tm-preds.h" DEFINES="" \
/bin/sh ../gcc/gcc/mkconfig.sh tm_p.h
TARGET_CPU_DEFAULT="" \
HEADERS="auto-host.h ansidecl.h" DEFINES="" \
/bin/sh ../gcc/gcc/mkconfig.sh bconfig.h
g++ -c -g -DIN_GCC -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-format-attribute -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-overlength-strings -fno-common -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE -I. -Ibuild -I../gcc/gcc -I../gcc/gcc/build -I../gcc/gcc/../include -I../gcc/gcc/../libcpp/include \
-o build/genmddeps.o ../gcc/gcc/genmddeps.c
make: *** No rule to make target '../build-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libiberty/libiberty.a', needed by 'build/genmddeps'. Stop.
$
And here are the steps I'm following to get to this point.
cd /usr/local/src/gcc
wget http://www.netgull.com/gcc/snapshots/4.9-20140209/gcc-4.9-20140209.tar.bz2
tar xvf gcc-4.9-20140209.tar.bz2
ln -s gcc-4.9-20140209.tar.bz2 gcc
cd /usr/local/src/gcc/gcc
/usr/local/src/gcc/gcc/contrib/download_prerequisites
mkdir /usr/local/src/gcc/objdir
cd /usr/local/src/gcc/objdir
/usr/local/src/gcc/gcc/gcc/configure
make
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list