Re: error: unable to find numeric literal operator ‘operator"" f’

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 17:30:00 GMT 2014


On 13 February 2014 09:25, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 02/13/2014 06:22 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>>
>> On 13 February 2014 03:23, Florian Weimer wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> I think the ""f operator has not been implemented in C++1y mode, either
>>> because it's not actually part of the standard or no one has found the
>>> time
>>> to implement it yet.
>>
>>
>> f is not a user-defined literal operator, it's a core language feature
>> present in C and C++, but not valid on integer-literals such as 42.
>
>
> I think the expectation here is that C++14 will provide a language-defined
> literal operator that will make this legal.  I don't if this expectation is
> warranted, not having consulted the standard.

I see no such operator in the working draft.

I'll ask Herb about his example later today.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list