GCC port

Brian Drummond brian@shapes.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 11:41:00 GMT 2013


On Thu, 2013-11-21 at 11:23 +0100, David Brown wrote:
> On 21/11/13 09:22, eljedi . wrote:
> > Thank you guys for the answers.
> > Now I have a lot to read and learn.
> > 
> > 
> > On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Oleg Endo <oleg.endo@t-online.de> wrote:
> >> On Wed, 2013-11-20 at 19:25 +0100, eljedi . wrote:
> >>> Thank you Jonathan for the quick reply.

> The AVR is in fact an 8-bit cpu - I think it is the only 8-bit target
> that is supported by gcc mainline.
> 
> For a 16-bit cpu, look at the msp430 port.  It has just recently been
> added to mainline - previously it was developed outside the main gcc
> tree.  But being a new port, or at least a newly cleaned up port, it
> should be a good example to start with.

Excellent news! Which release version includes (or will include) the
MSP430?

I would add that out-of-tree, it works well and supports Ada very
nicely.

Thanks,
- Brian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list