GCC and Intel Xeon Phi (Intel MIC) support

Tim Prince n8tm@aol.com
Thu Mar 21 20:35:00 GMT 2013

On 3/21/2013 4:23 PM, Bharath Ramesh wrote:
> I am working on a research project for which I require using GCC
> compiler and I am also using Intel Xeon Phi (aka Intel MIC)
> co-processor cards. Looking at the Intel's website it states changes
> have been committed to GCC [1]. I was wondering which version of GCC
> supports it and what flag should I add for it to generate code that
> can run on the Intel Xeon Phi cards. If I have to compile GCC to
> support it what flags do I pass to it while building GCC. Really
> appreciate any help on this.
>
> [1]
> http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-and-third-party-tools-and-libraries-available-with-support-for-intelr-xeon-phitm

This gcc doesn't support the parallel floating point instructions (as
your reference says), and several linux components normally built with
it are de-featured.  The cross-compiled gcc is supplied with the
coprocessor linux installation.

--
Tim Prince