A few Qs on the -Wfoo options

ballsystemlord doark@mail.com
Tue Dec 17 17:43:00 GMT 2013


Ok, I've reread the docs. I had not noticed some of the entry before because
I did not read the sections on FORTRAN and C++. I also greped to info manual
but most of the options only had documentation for there '--no-'
counterparts.



-Wline-truncation           How can it be truncated?
-Wimplicit-interface        What's an explicit interface?
-Wimplicit-procedure        What's an explicit interface?
-Winvalid-memory-model      I could not find it mentioned in the info
manual.
-Wcharacter-truncation      "Warn when a character assignment will truncate
the assigned string." How/why would a string be truncated?
-Wlogical-op                Why would it give false positives? What's the
criteria under which it makes these assumptions?
-Wstack-protector           How can a function get smashed? 



--
View this message in context: http://gcc.1065356.n5.nabble.com/A-few-Qs-on-the-Wfoo-options-tp987688p996340.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list