A few Qs on the -Wfoo options

ballsystemlord doark@mail.com
Tue Dec 17 17:39:00 GMT 2013

Ok, I've reread them. I could not find the definition of some of them because
they are only mentioned int the info manual under their '--no-'
counterparts, so when I searched for them with grep (because I did not
remember seeing them before because they were not there,) nothing came up.
I'm still interested in learning a little more about a few though.

-Wimplicit-interface               What's an explicit interface?
-Wimplicit-procedure             What's an explicit interface?
-Winvalid-memory-model      I could not find it mentioned in the info
manual.
-Wcharacter-truncation         "Warn when a character assignment will
truncate the assigned string." How can a string be truncated?
-Wlogical-op                        Why would it give false positives?
What's the criteria under which it makes these assumptions?
-Wstack-protector                 How can a function get smashed?