the struggle for a 64-bit GCC on Solaris 10 - part 2

Dennis Clarke dclarke@blastwave.org
Mon Nov 12 21:36:00 GMT 2012



----- Original Message -----
From: Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr>
Date: Monday, November 12, 2012 4:29 pm
Subject: Re: the struggle for a 64-bit GCC on Solaris 10 - part 2
To: Ryan Johnson <ryan.johnson@cs.utoronto.ca>
Cc: Dennis Clarke <dclarke@blastwave.org>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>, gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org, ebotcazou@adacore.com, jwakely.gcc@gmail.com


> On Mon, 12 Nov 2012, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> 
> > I'm still really unclear on why you're having so much trouble with 
> this. Have 
> > you tried bootstrapping with SunCC like I did?
> 
> I assume you mean suncc. gcc's code contains some C++ bugs that mean 
> that Oracle's C++ compiler won't compile it (a bit of an issue for 4.8).

I have these : 

$ /opt/solarisstudio12.3/bin/cc -V
cc: Sun C 5.12 SunOS_sparc 2011/11/16
$ /opt/solarisstudio12.3/bin/CC -V 
CC: Sun C++ 5.12 SunOS_sparc 2011/11/16

However I am not using that to bootstrap GCC. Also I am using /usr/ccs/bin/ld and
 /usr/ccs/bin/as and not GNU as or GNU ld. 

I am using : 

$ which gcc 
/opt/csw/gcc4/bin/gcc
$ gcc --version
gcc (Blastwave.org Inc. Mon Aug  9 07:10:45 GMT 2010) 4.5.1
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

See test report filed :

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2010-08/msg01023.html


dc



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list