Built-in functions for aligned SSE loads

Brian Budge brian.budge@gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 18:34:00 GMT 2012


On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Konstantin Schauwecker
<konstantin.schauwecker@wsii.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> GCC has the following built-in function for performing unaligned SSE integer loads:
>
> v16qi __builtin_ia32_loaddqu (const char *)
>
> However, there does not seem to be any function for performing aligned loads, as by the movdqa instruction. I've googled a bit and I found the following bug report about this, which has been marked fixed 10 years ago:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8075
>
> The same applies for aligned stores. Will the aligned store/load functions ever be added to gcc? In the mean time: Is there any good work around I could use instead?
>
> Thanks,
> Konstantin

_mm_load_si128.  If you know you have SSE, it may make sense to use
the SSE intrinsics in xmmintrin.h, emmintrin.h, etc...

  Brian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list