Using the incorrect "as" executable file

Brian Lee brian.h.lee.90@gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 00:13:00 GMT 2012


To Whom It May Concern:

I believe that I installed GCC correctly, but I received an error that shows that I am missing a piece of the puzzle. The error is as follows:

FATAL:/usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/darwin/i386/as: I don't understand '-' flag!

I received the error after using the option "-Wa,--32" in order to compile an "Assembly File" with the "gcc" command. This "as" executable file is different from the "as" executable file that is in the directory that I used to configure GCC. I believe that it came with the "Developer" directory containing the application Xcode. I am using Mac OS X Version 10.6.8, and "gcc (GCC) 4.6.2". I think that if I run the correct "as" executable file in the directory that I used to configure GCC, my issue will be solved. Can you help me resolve my issue? Thank you.

Sincerely,

Brian H. Lee



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list