gcc-4.2.4 bootstrap: multiple "declared 'static' but never defined" warnings in stage 3

t-rexky gvvn1200@gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 02:22:00 GMT 2012


Hello again,

I completed the bootstrap process ignoring the stage 2 compiler warning.  The stage 3 compiler generates the same warnings,
but it does create good executable code.  I am currently running a make check-gcc that will take many hours on a 68040.

I am completely baffled by what could make gcc generate the warnings below for all declared functions, including the built-ins.
I would be very grateful for any suggestions or ideas.

Thank you!

On 2012-06-06, at 10:11 PM, t-rexky wrote:

> Compiling with the stage 2 xgcc -Wall or -Wunused generates an endless list of warnings of the following type:
> 
> <built-in>:0: warning: '__builtin_acos' declared 'static' but never defined
> <built-in>:0: warning: 'acos' declared 'static' but never defined
> 
> t-rexky



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list