gcc-4.2.4 bootstrap: multiple "declared 'static' but never defined" warnings in stage 3

t-rexky gvvn1200@gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 14:44:00 GMT 2012


Hello,

I have been trying to port a reasonably recent version of gcc to a m68k NeXT running NEXTSTEP 3.3.  After many struggles and lots of help from the m68k debian ports team I was finally able to complete stage 2 of the bootstrap process.  The stage 2 compiler appears to be working well and producing good code, but I stopped the build of stage 3 because of an obscure issue that did not exist in the stage 1 compiler.

Compiling with the stage 2 xgcc -Wall or -Wunused generates an endless list of warnings of the following type:

<built-in>:0: warning: '__builtin_acos' declared 'static' but never defined
<built-in>:0: warning: 'acos' declared 'static' but never defined
<built-in>:0: warning: '__builtin_acosf' declared 'static' but never defined
<built-in>:0: warning: 'acosf' declared 'static' but never defined

<built-in>:0: warning: '__builtin_fprintf' declared 'static' but never defined
/NextDeveloper/Headers/ansi/stdio.h:119: warning: 'fprintf' declared 'static' but never defined
<built-in>:0: warning: '__builtin_fprintf_unlocked' declared 'static' but never defined
<built-in>:0: warning: 'fprintf_unlocked' declared 'static' but never defined

These occur on every source file for every built-in function declaration and every function declaration in the included header files.

I am struggling to identify the root cause of this issue and would very much appreciate any assistance.

t-rexky



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list