Building GCC 4.7.2 on Solaris 10 x86 AMD64 - Getting linker error involving eh_frame
Ian Lance Taylor
iant@google.com
Mon Dec 3 02:08:00 GMT 2012
On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 12:15 AM, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>
>> Sounds like you are using the GNU assembler with the Solaris linker,
>> or the Solaris assembler with the GNU linker. Don't do that.
>
>
> Ian,
>
> that mix is what we recommend in our doc...
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#ix86-x-solaris210
Ah, sorry for being misleading.
I think I see the real problem now. The OP is using GCC 3.4.3, which
does not have this patch:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-09/msg02353.html
That patch was added in GCC 4.0. It changes GCC to use the
SHT_AMD64_UNWIND section type for the .eh_frame section on x86_64
Solaris.
I think the effect is that version of GCC before 4.0 do not properly
support Solaris 10.
Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list