gcc 4.6.0 breaks

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Jun 3 05:48:00 GMT 2011


"Bill Cunningham" <billcun@suddenlink.net> writes:

>    I had the script and sent it in and got back a message saying the
> system wouldn't take large mail files. Now I might need cloog and ppl
> too.

You do not need cloog and ppl.  They are optional.  Do not be misled by
the errors in the top-level config.log file.  The configure script
determines whether cloog and ppl are available by running tests.  When
those tests fail, gcc is built to not use cloog and ppl.


> I think they are required and my C preprocessor fails sanity
> checks. cpp is in the bin directory but there's nothing in the lib
> directory. Shouldn't there be a cpp or libcpp.a there or
> something. When I compile gcc's I get no pre-processor.

gcc installs cpp in the bin directory.  It does not install it in the
lib directory; why should it?  gcc does not have a libcpp.a file; why do
you expect one?

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list