gcc 4.6.0 breaks

Bill Cunningham billcun@suddenlink.net
Fri Jun 3 00:50:00 GMT 2011


Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 3 June 2011 00:47, Bill Cunningham wrote:
>> Well here is the configure log. Maybe that means something.
>> Something is missing that is needed or I'm not using the right
>> switches.
>
> Wrong config.log, that's the top-level one, which exited with status 0
> (as shown at the end)
>
> You need to look in the config.log which actually failed, as explained
> at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#configure_suffix
> As it says there, "You might recognize that several test programs
> failed during the configuration, but some of these failures are
> non-critical."
>
> I already suggested that you look in $target/libgcc/config.log, for
> your system that would be i686-pc-linux-gnu/libgcc/config.log
>
> That might not be the right directory, it's just my guess, you should
> look in the directory where configure failed. Again, that's explained
> at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#configure_suffix
>
> If you want help you really need to be less vague than "not knowing
> something about the right kind of object files" and you need to
> (carefully!) read the documentation which people have gone to the
> trouble of writing.

    I had the script and sent it in and got back a message saying the system 
wouldn't take large mail files. Now I might need cloog and ppl too. I think 
they are required and my C preprocessor fails sanity checks. cpp is in the 
bin directory but there's nothing in the lib directory. Shouldn't there be a 
cpp or libcpp.a there or something. When I compile gcc's I get no 
pre-processor.

Bill



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list