Install issue libobjc gcc 3.4.5 full version...

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 09:16:00 GMT 2011

On 17 January 2011 07:28, lshy2k@juno.com wrote:
> Hello,
> Thank you for the reply.

Please reply to the list, not just to me.

> The ./configure command was issued in variety of forms ie. host=i586-pc-linux-gnu or -pthreads or without any parameters.  My problem is lack of familiarity with the ./config command producing error with gthread cflags or will not run libobjc ./configure.

The & has nothing to do with the configure script, it tells the shell
to run the process in the background, e.g.

sleep 5 & echo blah

this will run a "sleep 5" process in the background and immediately
run "echo blah" as a separate command

so you command is running "configure" in the background ,then trying
to run the other options as a separate command, which is totally
wrong.

Try reading the docs that come with the sources,
gcc-3.4.5/INSTALL/index.html, that will tell you how to run configure.
 Or just run ./configure --help