Problems compiling the GCC 4.3.5

Paul van Hoven paul.van.hoven@googlemail.com
Fri Jan 28 15:50:00 GMT 2011


I had a look in to the config.log in

i386-apple-darwin10.6.0/libgcc/config.log

and I found the following:

dyld: Library not loaded: 
/Users/toom/Downloads/mpfr-3.0.0/build/lib/libmpfr.4.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/toom/Downloads/gcc-4.3.5/obj-gcc-4.3.5/./gcc/cc1
  Reason: image not found
xgcc: Internal error: Trace/BPT trap (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report.

When I compiled mpfr and gmp I did it with the following call to the 
configure script
gmp:
./configure --prefix=/Users/toom/Downloads/gmp-5.0.1/build/
make
make install

and mpfr with
./configure --prefix=/Users/toom/Downloads/mpfr-3.0.0/build 
--with-gmp=/Users/toom/Downloads/gmp-5.0.1/build/
make
make install

After that I moved the compiled stuff into a directory called
/Users/toom/gcc4.3.5/requiredLibs/gmp-5.0.1
and
/Users/toom/gcc4.3.5/requiredLibs/mpfr-3.0.0
respectively.

Therefore I think make looked into a wrong directory.


But the compile process now terminates with another error message, which 
I don't understand either:

The source of gcc-4.3.5 lies in
/Users/toom/Downloads/gcc-4.3.5/gcc-4.3.5

And in the directory:
/Users/toom/Downloads/gcc-4.3.5/obj-gcc-4.3.5

I typed the following commands:
../gcc-4.3.5/configure --prefix=/Users/toom/gcc4.3.5 
--with-mpfr=/Users/toom/gcc4.3.5/requiredLibs/mpfr-3.0.0 
--with-gmp=/Users/toom/gcc4.3.5/requiredLibs/gmp-5.0.1
make bootstrap

...
checking whether decimal floating point is supported... no
checking whether fixed-point is supported... no
checking for __attribute__((visibility("hidden")))... yes
checking whether the target asssembler upports thread-local storage... yes
updating cache ./config.cache
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: executing default commands
Adding multilib support to Makefile in ../../../../gcc-4.3.5/libgcc
with_multisubdir=x86_64
Makefile:144: ../../host-i386-apple-darwin10.6.0/gcc/libgcc.mvars: No 
such file or directory
make[3]: *** No rule to make target 
`../../host-i386-apple-darwin10.6.0/gcc/libgcc.mvars'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [all-stage1-target-libgcc] Error 2
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

What is going wrong now?


Jonathan Wakely schrieb:
> On 28 January 2011 12:29, Paul van Hoven wrote:
>   
>> I checked that I exported the path to the libs:
>>
>> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> /Users/toom/gcc4.3.5/requiredLibs/gmp-5.0.1/lib/:/Users/toom/gcc4.3.5/requiredLibs/mpfr-3.0.0/lib/
>>     
>
> Did you definitely 'export' it as well as set it?
>
> In any case, you will find more info if you look in config.log and
> find the last error
> There are lots of config.log files in different sub-directories, you
> need to look in the right one, which I think would be
> i386-apple-darwin10.6.0/libgcc/config.log
>   



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list