Problems compiling when using spec file.

DaMunky89 shwankymunky@gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 22:56:00 GMT 2011

Hi, I'm trying to add a MinGW Default Library search path using a spec file
I've placed at /mingw/lib/gcc/mingw32/<version>/ as instructed by this page
here: http://www.mingw.org/wiki/SpecsFileHOWTO

The only Section I've changed is *link_libgcc:, which now looks like this:

*link_libgcc:
%D -L C:\MinGW\local\lwip-win32-msvc-0.1\proj\msvc6

Whenever I try to compile, I get this error:

g++: c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/specs: Permission denied

Does anybody know what I have to do to correct this? I'm running Windows 7
x64. My UAC is disabled, and I've already tried setting g++ and gcc to "run
as administrator". Any help would be greatly appreciated.