./configure error: failed program was: /* confdefs.h. */

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Sat Jan 22 01:50:00 GMT 2011

Stephen Marsh <mars7017@netscape.net> writes:

> Shouldn't the compiler be included in the gcc package repository? Is
> this an issue of a dependency that wasn't installed or an error in the
> repo?

I don't know if the error is in the package repository you are using or
somewhere else.  I don't even know what OS you are using.  From what you
showed, it appears that the compiler is there but the assembler is not.
The compiler and assembler are typically in different packages, and I
would assume that the compiler package normally requires the assembler
package.  On GNU systems the assembler is normally part of a binutils
package.

Ian