GCC: How to get all warnings?
Jędrzej Dudkiewicz
jedrzej.dudkiewicz@gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 04:12:00 GMT 2011
On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 5:15 AM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How does one get all warnings out of GCC? -Wall does not do it, and
> -Wextra does not do it. Is there a -Wall++ or -Wextra++? I find it
> maddening I can't get GCC to give me everything (I can chose to back
> off what does not matter at a later date).
I don't think there is such switch, and for good reason. It's
usefulness would be pretty low, as "everything" would most probably
mean, that some options with n levels should be set to max. I tried to
compile code with such settings and "fix it", so no warnings would
appear. I gave up, amount of seemingly bogus warnings stemming from
some obscure, though probably valid, optimizations is gigantic and in
most cases fixing them makes code unreadable. Of course YMMV.
--
Jędrzej Dudkiewicz
I really hate this damn machine, I wish that they would sell it.
It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list