GCC: How to get all warnings?

Jeffrey Walton noloader@gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 03:15:00 GMT 2011

Hi All,

How does one get all warnings out of GCC? -Wall does not do it, and
-Wextra does not do it. Is there a -Wall++ or -Wextra++? I find it
maddening I can't get GCC to give me everything (I can chose to back
off what does not matter at a later date). Or maybe worded
differently: I can't figure out what makes up 'everything' in GCC in
the context of warnings.

Even better, I want a method that works now and in the future. That
is, when a warning is added to GCC, it is also added to -Wall++ so I
don't have to go to specify -Wall++ -Wnew-warning?

Jeff