Testing GCC-4.5.3 on mips-sgi-IRIX6.5

Rainer Orth ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Thu Aug 25 14:08:00 GMT 2011


Callum,

> On 08/24/2011 06:00 PM, Rainer Orth wrote:
>> thanks.  I see that the fast majority of failures is with
>>
>> compiler exited with status -1
>> output is:
>> spawn failed
>>
>> I saw them myself at a time, and under par found
>>
>> 11260mS          expect(517760): open("/dev/ptmx", O_RDWR, 037777777777) = 8
>> 11261mS          expect(517760): stat("/dev/pts/2", 0x7ffae0f0) errno = 2 (No such file or directory)
>>
>> For some reason, ptys weren't created on demand, but had to be created
>> manually since /dev/MAKEDEV had no support for that.  I never found out
>> what was wrong, but the problem hasn't bitten me since.
>>
>>> I'll rebuild these and then use them to build gcc-4.6.1 now, do you mean
>>> the minimum required versions ie 2.4.2, 4.3.2, 0.8.1?
>> Exactly.  At least on Tru64 UNIX, newer versions even fail their own
>> tests, and we had similar reports e.g. on SPARC.
> I've built 4.6.1 with these and uploaded the testsuite directory again.
> http://sucs.org/~kais58/testsuite/

Results look as bad as before, although it's far easier to see from the

        make mail-report.log

output.

Did you create the /dev/pts/* devices before the testsuite run?

	Rainer

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list