Compiling GCC 4.4.1 for a new "linux distro"

Pieter De Wit pieter@insync.za.net
Mon Sep 14 08:53:00 GMT 2009

Andrew Haley wrote:
> Pieter De Wit wrote:
>

>> I saw that but I can't find where/how to change it. Everything under
>> root_fs/64bit and temp_build is ran as the current user as well as
>> created by the current user :(
>>
>> I even build "off the source" directory as suggested ?
>>
>> I am going to try a temp_build/source and temp_build/build option now.
>>

> Run that single command by hand and see what happens.
>
> Andrew.

<snip>

Yip - doing that now - I got better results (but I am sure it "would"
have failed - didn't have any command lines. Came across the
"CFLAGS=-m64" error so I am now including that in my build script to see
where this goes....compile machine compile ! :D

Thanks,

Pieter