A good way to set sub-target switch

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Jan 16 18:26:00 GMT 2009

"Doug Kwan (關振德)" <dougkwan@google.com> writes:

> I tried CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET, CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET, and
> LIBCFLAGS_FOR_TARGET and LIBCXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET but these got dropped
> by libtool.  I don't know if that is a feature of libtool or not.

libtool won't use them, but that isn't how it works.  When the top
level Makefile builds target-libstdc++-v3, it passes
CFLAGS=$(CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET).  You do have to run make at the top
level, always.  (Although, if you set CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET when you run
configure, then I believe that that will become the default CFLAGS for
the target libraries).

This may not apply to the Android libc--it depends on how the
configury/make was set up.  It should work for libstdc++-v3.  I've
used it.

Ian