gcc 3.4.3 and --enable-long-long

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Wed Dec 23 15:16:00 GMT 2009


"Robert Austen" <austen@willowglen.ca> writes:

> I was hoping you might be able to answer a question for me please.
> I am wondering how to disable the long-long, as --enable-long-long
> seems to be the default, and -ansi does not seem to disable it.

In current gcc you can use -Werror=long-long.  I don't think there is
anything like that for gcc 3.4.3, though.

> What I am trying to do is to disable the use of floating point
> instructions that seem to be used to move long long variables
> (or other 8 octet structs) without using the -msoft-float option.

You could do this by changing the function rs6000_hard_regno_mode_ok
in gcc/config/rs6000/rs6000.c to disallow integer modes in floating
point registers, but as far as I know there is no command line option
for it.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list