Does libstdc++ come with GCC installation?

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Wed Dec 9 14:39:00 GMT 2009


Jeffi Edward.J wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Does libstdc++ library come with GCC?

Yes.

> I build powerpc-eabi cross tool chain
> (GCC version 4.1.0).
> Although I enabled languages c and C++ during GCC configuration, I couldn't
> find the libstdc++ library in my tool chain installation directory.

That is very strange.


> I used following commands to build the tool chain.
> 
> ../binutils-2.19.1/configure --prefix=/home/project/ppc-cross-tools
> --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=powerpc-eabi make all make install
> 
> ../gcc-4.1.0/configure  --prefix=/home/project/ppc-cross-tools
> --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=powerpc-eabi --enable-languages=c
> --without-headers --with-newlib --disable-shared --disable-threads
> --disable-libssp --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap make all-gcc make
> install-gcc
> 
> ../newlib-1.17.0/configure --prefix=/home/project/ppc-cross-tools
> --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=powerpc-eabi make all make install
> 
> ../gcc-4.1.0/configure  --prefix=/home/project/ppc-cross-tools
> --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=powerpc-eabi --enable-languages=c,c++
> --enable-__cxa-atexit --enable-cxx-flags='-fno-exceptions' make all-gcc make
> install-gcc
> 
> Have I missed any option in configuration? Could anyone please tell how to
> install libstdc++(static version)?

At the end "make install", not "make install-gcc"

Andrew.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list