Problems Building ppl-0.10.2 with g++-4.4.0 on Open Solaris 2008.11

Tom Browder tom.browder@gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 18:21:00 GMT 2009

[this is a repost--my mail headers were corrupted on the previous msg]
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 5:16 AM, Roberto Bagnara <bagnara@cs.unipr.it> wrote:
> Tom Browder wrote:
> On what grounds are you claiming that?  Did you investigate the problem?
> I mean, you seem to ignore that we actually test all PPL candidate releases
> on dozens of different hardware/software platforms.  And that we refrain
> from releasing if even the slightest problem is known to us.

I apologize for that casual and premature statement--it was certainly
not meant as an affront or criticism of your program.

I am glad that Marc pointed out the Solaris problem (and the
possibility of others of this kind with other programs and glibc), and
I am sure there will be a solution soon.   In the meantime, I'm going
to try to pass to the compiler "-D_SYS_REGSET_H" to see if that works
by preventing the use of <sys/regset.h>, the offending header.

Regards,

-Tom