Trouble building cross-compiler i686-pc-linux-gnu => mipsel-elf

Ralf Jahr ralf.jahr@informatik.uni-augsburg.de
Wed Sep 10 09:37:00 GMT 2008

Dear list,

I try to build a cross-compiler for a mips-target. My goal is not to run
the code but to get an idea of how gcc performs optimizations as for
example modulo scheduling. The target I am actually working with is the
PISA architecture used by SimpleScalar. This is not supported but
similar to the mips4 architecture. So far...

I used this tutorial [1] and GCC 4.3.2, binutils 2.18. Compiling the
binutils and gcc worked fine, it did not throw any errors. You can see
my log here: [2]

[1] http://wiki.osdev.org/GCC_Cross-Compiler#Step_1_-_Bootstrap
[2] http://www.informatik.uni-augsburg.de/~jahrralf/gcc.php

Well, i assumed that I would get a compiler which can build executables.
Unfortunately but this does not work; I get the following error message:

/usr/cross-mips/lib/gcc/mipsel-elf/4.3.2/../../../../mipsel-elf/bin/ld:
crti.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

More logging information can be seen here:

http://www.informatik.uni-augsburg.de/~jahrralf/gcc.php#testing

Should this normally have worked? Do you have any ideas how in can make
it working or what I did wrong?

Thanks in advance, bye

Ralf