Unresolved tree_code_type and tree_code_length

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Sun Jun 8 01:22:00 GMT 2008

Didier Godefroy <dg@ulysium.net> writes:

> cc -I/usr/local/zlib/include   -g -DIN_GCC     -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o jvgenmain
> java/jvgenmain.o java/mangle_name.o errors.o intl.o ../libcpp/libcpp.a
> /usr/local/iconv/lib/libiconv.so -rpath /usr/local/iconv/lib
> ../libiberty/libiberty.a ../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a
> ld:
> Unresolved:
> tree_code_type
> tree_code_length

Hmmm, those should be defined in java/lang.o, but java/lang.o is not
linked into jvgenmain.  That should be OK, since none of the objects
which are linked into jvgenmain should refer to them.  Pity the linker
doesn't tell us what is referring to those symbols.  You may be able
to find out using nm.

Ian