Unresolved tree_code_type and tree_code_length

Didier Godefroy dg@ulysium.net
Sun Jun 8 16:41:00 GMT 2008

on 6/8/08 3:21 AM, Ian Lance Taylor at iant@google.com uttered the
following:

> Didier Godefroy <dg@ulysium.net> writes:
>
>> cc -I/usr/local/zlib/include   -g -DIN_GCC     -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o jvgenmain
>> java/jvgenmain.o java/mangle_name.o errors.o intl.o ../libcpp/libcpp.a
>> /usr/local/iconv/lib/libiconv.so -rpath /usr/local/iconv/lib
>> ../libiberty/libiberty.a ../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a
>> ld:
>> Unresolved:
>> tree_code_type
>> tree_code_length
>
> Hmmm, those should be defined in java/lang.o, but java/lang.o is not
> linked into jvgenmain.  That should be OK, since none of the objects
> which are linked into jvgenmain should refer to them.  Pity the linker
> doesn't tell us what is referring to those symbols.  You may be able
> to find out using nm.

I tried with nm to figure something out but I'm no C programmer and couldn't
find out anything useful.
I just noticed there was 4.3.1 out 2 days ago so I'm going to give that one
a shot, and this time I'll do without java, hoping not to get any
troubles...

If I can try something specific to figure this out, I would gladly do more
troubleshooting, as long as I get the info to get this done properly,
otherwise I may not be of much help. I hope 4.3.1 will compile properly for
me, trying this now...

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:dg@ulysium.net