Porting of gcc 4.2.3 to AIX
Vardhan, Sundara (GE Infra, Energy)
sundara.vardhan@ge.com
Fri Jul 18 12:49:00 GMT 2008
Hi Andrew
My sincere apologizes for not sending mail back. Will do so henceforth. I do reply back to the person sending me the mail, but sometimes I do miss out. I will ensure that send mail on what I find etc to all from now.
With Regards
Vardhan
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Haley [mailto:aph@redhat.com]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 7:54 AM
To: Vardhan, Sundara (GE Infra, Energy)
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Porting of gcc 4.2.3 to AIX
Vardhan, Sundara (GE Infra, Energy) wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I was able to go further from the last time on compiling gcc 4.2.3 on AIX 5.3. However, I get the following error and the make aborts
>
> xgcc: error trying to exec '/cots/gnu/gcc-4.2.3/host-powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0/gcc/as': execv: No such file or directory
>
> "as" is present and is a shell script calling /usr/bin/as. When I try to execute the above line from command line too I get the same error. I am running this in bash and using the AIX native as which is in /usr/bin/as
>
> Any ideas as to why this should happen? Appreciate your inputs and advice.
You ask many questions but you never reply to anything anyone says to you.
I'm wondering why anyone bothers to help you. This will be the last time
I try to do so.
Look at the very first line of as. What is it? Is that file present?
Andrew.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list