Porting of gcc 4.2.3 to AIX
Mihai Donțu
mdontu@bitdefender.com
Fri Jul 18 12:26:00 GMT 2008
On Friday 18 July 2008, Vardhan, Sundara (GE Infra, Energy) wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I was able to go further from the last time on compiling gcc 4.2.3 on AIX
> 5.3. However, I get the following error and the make aborts
>
> xgcc: error trying to exec
> '/cots/gnu/gcc-4.2.3/host-powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0/gcc/as': execv: No such
> file or directory
>
> "as" is present and is a shell script calling /usr/bin/as. When I try to
> execute the above line from command line too I get the same error. I am
> running this in bash and using the AIX native as which is in /usr/bin/as
>
> Any ideas as to why this should happen? Appreciate your inputs and advice.
I have never used an AIX, but on Linux you can get this error if the binary
has an invalid dynamic linker. Eg:
# cat a.c
static const char v[] __attribute__((section(".interp")))
= "/lib/libfoo.so.2";
int main( void )
{
return 0;
}
# gcc -fPIC -shared a.c -o liba.so
# ./liba.so
bash: ./liba.so: No such file or directory
As to how could this happen, beats me. :)
--
Mihai DONÈU
Linux Software Developer
BitDefender
------------------------------
Email: mdontu@bitdefender.com
Phone: +40 212 063 470
------------------------------
www.bitdefender.com
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list