Problem building gcc on solaris9: no rule to make target "all" in gcc-objects/gcc

Paul Duquennoy paul.duquennoy@wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 29 01:04:00 GMT 2008


Hello all,

Thank you Brian. I checked the shell etc.

My shell is bash 2.05. I use gmake 3.80. Definitly, the configuration  
of the 'gcc' directory fails continuously...

I am checking the versions of different utilities like sed. Has anyone  
any clue on what to check ?

When should the gcc/Makefile be generated ? Is there someting to look  
for in the config.log files ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Paul
Le 27 janv. 08 à 17:52, Brian Dessent a écrit :

> Paul Duquennoy wrote:
>
>> I do not understand why the Makefile in 'gcc' is not generated. So I
>> need help, and I thank in advance those who will spend their time to
>> help me.
>
> Wild guess, it's a shell problem.  The default Solaris shell (/bin/sh)
> is highly brain-dead and won't work; you need to use either /bin/ksh  
> or
> /usr/xpg4/bin/sh (IIRC).  You can configure this by setting and
> exporting the environment variable CONFIG_SHELL.
>
> If that isn't it, ensure that you're using GNU make.
>
> Brian
>
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list