Problem building gcc on solaris9: no rule to make target "all" in gcc-objects/gcc

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Mon Jan 28 16:17:00 GMT 2008

Paul Duquennoy wrote:

> I do not understand why the Makefile in 'gcc' is not generated. So I
> need help, and I thank in advance those who will spend their time to
> help me.

Wild guess, it's a shell problem.  The default Solaris shell (/bin/sh)
is highly brain-dead and won't work; you need to use either /bin/ksh or
/usr/xpg4/bin/sh (IIRC).  You can configure this by setting and
exporting the environment variable CONFIG_SHELL.

If that isn't it, ensure that you're using GNU make.

Brian