Problem building gcc on solaris9: no rule to make target "all" in gcc-objects/gcc

Paul Duquennoy paul.duquennoy@wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 28 15:24:00 GMT 2008


Hello,

I am trying to compile gcc on a Solaris 9 machine. I configure gcc  
with the following script :

../../gcc-4.2.2/configure \
         --prefix=/usr/local/sparc-solaris9-32 \
         --with-gnu-as \
         --with-gnu-ld \
         --with-as=/usr/local/sparc-solaris9-32/bin/as \
         --with-ld=/usr/local/sparc-solaris9-32/bin/ld \
         --enable-languages="c,c++,ada" \
         --with-gmp=/usr/local/sparc-solaris9-32 \
         --with-mpfr=/usr/local/sparc-solaris9-32

I compiled and installed  binutils-2.18.50, gmp 4.2.1, mpfr-2.2.0.
The current version of gcc (the one I use to compile) is 4.2.0

Configure runs fine. The I do "make" and everything works fine until  
it enters the 'gcc' directory. Then it fails because there is no  
Makefile in it.

The content of gcc/ is :

-rw-r--r--   1 paul     staff          0 janv 27 14:21 config.cache
-rw-r--r--   1 paul     staff     248871 janv 27 14:22 config.log
-rw-r--r--   1 paul     staff        522 janv 27 14:22 configargs.h
-rwxr-xr-x   1 paul     staff     508808 janv 27 14:21 configure.lineno
-rw-r--r--   1 paul     staff         24 janv 27 14:22 gthr-default.h


I do not understand why the Makefile in 'gcc' is not generated. So I  
need help, and I thank in advance those who will spend their time to  
help me.

Paul



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list