Build GCC 4.1.2 with ECJ 1.4
Andrew Haley
aph-gcc@littlepinkcloud.COM
Sun Sep 9 17:05:00 GMT 2007
David Daney writes:
> Andrew Haley wrote:
> > Sunil Amitkumar Janki writes:
> > > Andrew Haley wrote:
> > > > This doesn't make any sense. If you want new langauge featres you
> > > > want a new compiler.
> > >
> > > Maybe I phrased my question in the wrong way. Is it
> > > possible not to build the Java portion of GCC 4.1.2 and replace
> > > it with the ECJ compiler instead of upgrading to GCC 4.3
> > > entirely?
> >
> > Red Hat did this.
> >
> > Try the version at http://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/redhat/gcc-4_1-branch
>
> I would add that the redhat branch has not received much if any testing
> on mips. We are still fixing some mips/java bugs on the trunk (4.3) so
> personally I would try that instead (although not for a couple of more
> days until the bugs are fixed...).
Oh, I agree totally. I think the idea of using an old gcc "for
stability" with a new gcj in order to get a more stable compiler is
Just Plain Wrong, but ...
Andrew.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list