Build GCC 4.1.2 with ECJ 1.4

David Daney ddaney@avtrex.com
Sun Sep 9 16:51:00 GMT 2007


Andrew Haley wrote:
> Sunil Amitkumar Janki writes:
>  > Andrew Haley wrote:
>  > > This doesn't make any sense.  If you want new langauge featres you
>  > > want a new compiler.
>  > 
>  > Maybe I phrased my question in the wrong way. Is it
>  > possible not to build the Java portion of GCC 4.1.2 and replace
>  > it with the ECJ compiler instead of upgrading to GCC 4.3
>  > entirely?
>
> Red Hat did this.
>
> Try the version at http://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/redhat/gcc-4_1-branch
>
> Andrew.
>   
I would add that the redhat branch has not received much if any testing 
on mips.  We are still fixing some mips/java bugs on the trunk (4.3) so 
personally I would try that instead (although not for a couple of more 
days until the bugs are fixed...).

David Daney



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list