GCC cross from ia64 to hppa-hpux
Duft Markus
Markus.Duft@salomon.at
Tue Mar 20 14:06:00 GMT 2007
Andrew Haley <mailto:aph@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> Duft Markus writes:
> > Andrew Haley <> wrote:
> > > Duft Markus writes:
> > >
> > > > I'm currently looking into building a cross-compiler which
> runs on > > > ia64-hp-hpux11.23 and targets hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11.
> Has there been > > > anything like it?
> > > >
> > > > Currently i don't even get binutils built, so any help would
> be > > really > cool.
> > >
> > > Well, obviously you'll need a full set of target libraries and
> > > cross-target binutils. Beyond that, I'm, not aware of any
> special > > problems. Just configure and go.
> >
> > OK, i have the libraries, but is there a binutils how-to
> somewhere? I > built cross-binutils for solaris9, solaris10 and
> linux, but HP PA HP-UX > is somehow a problem..... *arg*
>
> Everything to do with cross-HPUX always seems to be a problem. :-)
>
> If you can't figure out how to get binutils built I think you'll just
> have to ask the binutils list. It's certainly way off-topic here.
While waiting for the mailing-list subscription @ binutils i compiled
them through ;o) just copied one header to my local sources, and it
worked ... *arg* hack, hack...
Now gcc allready bootstraps ;o) i hope things go fine, so thanks for the
quick help / comment ...
For anybody interested: just copy (from the target platform, so
hppa-hpux) from /usr/include/machine/reg.h to the binutils source:
$src/bfd/machine/reg.h. the set CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to include
-DHOST_HPPAHPUX and binutils build fine... I have no plan if they
actually *work* too ;o//
Cheers, Markus
>
> Good luck!
>
> Andrew.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list