version of gcc and auto-vectorization

ranjith kumar ranjit_kumar_b4u@yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 14:43:00 GMT 2007

1) In my P.C. gcc version 4.1.2 has been installed.
I have a look at http://gcc.gnu.org/.
   In that it is said that 4.1.2 is the "current
release series", "Next release series:  GCC 4.2.0" and
"Active development:  GCC 4.3.0"

What does it mean? Has gcc 4.2.0/4.3.0 been
released???
If so from where can I download 4.2/4.3?????

2)From which version "auto-vectorization" has been
included?
In
http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/tree-ssa/vectorization.html#status4.0
 it is said that gcc 4.0 also does
"auto-vectorization".
Deos it mean auto-vectorization cababilities of gcc4.0
and gcc4.1/4.2 are same??

3)-ftree-vectorize is the flag that enables
autovectorization. isn't it??

4) where can I get C programs for which gcc can do
autovectorization and for which it cant?

4) I know all languages are internallay converted to
same representation(in the context of gcc compiler).
So what is said in gcc manuals about
auto-vectorization is applicable to all languages gcc
supports. Isn't it?

Thanks in advance.