tree-ssa optimizations

Flop Bucket flopbucket@hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 22:36:00 GMT 2007


>  > 1) I know that auto-vectorization is done on GIMPLE.
>  > I think I need to understand entire syntax GIMPLE to
>  > understand internal files of gcc which does
>  > auto-vectorization like tree-vectorizer.c.
>  > Isn't it?
>  > 2)Where can I get complete syntax of GIMPLE?
>
>gcc/tree.def

>  > 3) Is it possible to compile a .gimple/.ssa/.rtl file?
>
>No.

Yes it is.  You need to use gicc (was a symlink in previous releases as 
gimple-gcc).  This will compile your .rtl file and generate the proper 
autovectorization code for you on architectures that support it.

>
>  >    Actually I want to modify above representations of
>  > a .c program  and compile the modified file.
>  > If it is possible tell me how to do?
>

This can be done, see above.  You need to skip the first phases and front 
end which generates the parse tree, and inject your modifications into the 
middle-stage where the p-code is generated.  Take a look at gimple-gcc.

_________________________________________________________________
Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more. Visit MSN 
Presents today. 
http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline&ocid=T002MSN03A07001



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list