Signatures Was: where can I get gcc optimizations information

CARTER-HITCHIN, David, GBM David.CARTER-HITCHIN@rbos.com
Mon Mar 12 16:40:00 GMT 2007

Hi Andrew et al.,

> > This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the
> > addressee only.

> Please do not send such attachments to this list.  We cannot read your
> mails.

Why not? The addressee is the list and all the members of that list. I
dont' see anything at odds with the legal signature.  Also, you evidently
can read my mails, as you have done so and are now responding to me! I am
writing in confidence to this list, that is - I am confident that my words
are going to end up with the list's recipients.

> If there is no way you can send mail from your location without such
> attachments, there are web-based services you can use.

You're right - there's nothing I can do about it.

If you feel so strongly about this then I can use a web gateway if they
are not prohibited here, but it's never been a problem before - either
on this list or many of the others to which I belong.

I can always reply from my home account and remove all signs of a signature,
but what of people who only have access at work?

Regards,
David.