GCC Cross Compilation Problem

Kai Ruottu karuottu@mbnet.fi
Thu Jan 18 21:23:00 GMT 2007


Manish Baphna wrote:
> I am trying to build PowerPC e300 and e600 core elf on
> Solaris using Cross Compilation Tool Chain.
>
> I am finding some difficulty here
>
> 1. Using powerpc-eabi-gcc ver 2.95.2, I am able to
> build e300 and my test is passing. e600 build is
> failing with error " Error: Unrecognized opcode:
> `dcba' "
>
> 2. Then I tried powerpc-eabi-gcc ver 3.3.2 and 
> gnu-gcc-3.3.2-binutils-2.14-ppc-elf  but same result .
> e300 ELF is building and passing test but e600 build
> is failing with same "dcba" instruction error.
>
> 3. When I tried powerpc-eabispe-gcc ver 3.4.2 it built
> both e300 and e600 ELFs but now e300 test is failing
> with error
> "Unexpected exception: 0x0000.
> Entering SHUTDOWN().  "
>
> Can anyone suggest some possbile reason ? Is there
> some special switches to be used with "eabispe"
> version ?
>   
 I remember some talk about the "normal" PPC support and the PPC-SPE
(e500 type) not being possible to cater with one GCC... Therefore there
are two separate "PPC EABI targets" (or three via the '-eabialtivec')  :-(

SO:

- for the e300 you have to use a 'ppc-eabi' targeted toolchain

- for the e600 you have to use a 'ppc-eabispe' targeted toolchain

A Google search with "SPE", "e500", "Aldy Hernandez" (the SPE support
maker) could give more info...



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list