GCC Cross Compilation Problem

Manish Baphna manish_baphna@yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 14:18:00 GMT 2007


Hi All ,

I am trying to build PowerPC e300 and e600 core elf on
Solaris using Cross Compilation Tool Chain.

I am finding some difficulty here

1. Using powerpc-eabi-gcc ver 2.95.2, I am able to
build e300 and my test is passing. e600 build is
failing with error " Error: Unrecognized opcode:
`dcba' "

2. Then I tried powerpc-eabi-gcc ver 3.3.2 and 
gnu-gcc-3.3.2-binutils-2.14-ppc-elf  but same result .
e300 ELF is building and passing test but e600 build
is failing with same "dcba" instruction error.

3. When I tried powerpc-eabispe-gcc ver 3.4.2 it built
both e300 and e600 ELFs but now e300 test is failing
with error
"Unexpected exception: 0x0000.
Entering SHUTDOWN().  "

Can anyone suggest some possbile reason ? Is there
some special switches to be used with "eabispe"
version ?

One thing to notice here is the size of ELF image in
case of (3) is almost half comapred to the ones in (1)
and (2)..

Thanx for your time !
Best Regards,Manish


 
____________________________________________________________________________________
Looking for earth-friendly autos? 
Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Yahoo! Autos' Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list