Solaris 9 x86 libc_name_p?

Kai Ruottu karuottu@mbnet.fi
Wed Jan 10 21:10:00 GMT 2007


Chayim I. Kirshen kirjoitti:
> I'm tryinig to build gcc 3.4.6 on Solaris (x86) 9, using gcc 3.3.2.
 In June 2006 I produced a cross GCC from Linux/x86 to Solaris2.9/x86 and I
cannot remember anything like you got :

> I'm getting an error in gcc/cp where libc_name_p is an undefined symbol for
> cp/except.o. I know the file is in a gperf generated file (and have gperf
> 2.7.2 in my path because it was needed).
>
> Does anyone know what to do?  I end up with:
>
> Undefined                             first referenced
>  symbol                                    in file
> libc_name_p                                cp/except.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cc1plus
> collect2: d returned 1 exist status
>
> This is during the make in gcc/cp
>   
 The existing file 'gcc/cp/cfns.h' :

-rw-rw-r-- 1 515 515 10055 2003-07-26 22:31 cfns.h

has this function as an 'inline' one for GCC...  And :

kai@Dell:/data1/home/src/gcc-3.4.6/gcc/cp> grep cfns.h *.c
except.c:#include "cfns.h"

 So the produced 'except.o' object should have it !

 What on earth happened during your build is hard to say :-(



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list