Error while cross compiling gcc

Pramod P K pra.engr@gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 09:03:00 GMT 2006

On 3/8/06, priya parul <u04130@cs.unipune.ernet.in> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have already built gcc for the native machine. Now when I'm cross
> compiling for the target arm-none-eabi, I'm getting the following error:

Hi Priya,
you have built gcc for native machine. But are you using different
directory tree itself for cross compiler - arm * ?.. I couldnt get
your aim? What are you trying to do ? build Cross compiler ?

> configure: error: `target_alias' has changed since the previous run:
> configure:   former value:  i686-pc-linux-gnu
> configure:   current value: arm-none-eabi
> configure: error: changes in the environment can compromise the build
> configure: error: run `make distclean' and/or `rm ./config.cache' and
> start over
> make: *** [configure-fixincludes] Error 1

Looking at the error I understand... you are using same directory
where the native compiler is built. So, use different directory tree
itself.

otherwise .. as given in the error message... use # make distclean

> Thanks,
> Priya.

  PRAMOD P. K.,
  pra.engr@gmail.com