Trouble building gcc on solaris

6q38-9n4r@xemaps.com 6q38-9n4r@xemaps.com
Tue Oct 18 13:39:00 GMT 2005


I'm having trouble building gcc 4.0.1 on solaris 2.8. (I do have a previous gcc binary available to the shell.)

The output of uname -a is: SunOS otcdv2 5.8 Generic_117350-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880

Here is the tail of the output from "make bootstrap":

checking for MAP_ANON(YMOUS)... yes
checking whether mmap with MAP_ANON(YMOUS) works... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
updating cache ../config.cache
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating mkheaders
config.status: creating config.h
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 50: Unexpected end of line seen
Current working directory /var/tmp/gccbld/build-sparc-sun-solaris2.8/fixincludes
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-build-fixincludes'

I can supply the full output, and any files produced by the build.

Note, this build is taking place in a different directory tree to the source.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Ivor.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list