The parse tree

Stefan jan_ek@op.pl
Fri Oct 7 22:31:00 GMT 2005

Hi!

I'd like to use the parse tree generated by g++, to build my own tree
for later processing. AFAIK there are two options:

1) Put myself somewhere in the process of parsing. Sadly I don't really
know where would that be. Is the tree of the whole translation unit
stored somewhere? Could you please give me a clue where should I look
for it?

2) Try to parse the result of -fdump-translation-unit. But even a
few-liner generates ~6000 lines of the dump file. Is there a way I could
reduce the output and get rid of built-in functions, etc.? It's quite
easy to guess what's what, but I'll be glad to see some specification of
the output. Is there a one available?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan Chrobot