compile/link mystery

bob.evans@exgate.tek.com bob.evans@exgate.tek.com
Mon Jun 6 19:24:00 GMT 2005


We do not use RTTI.
There was a circular dependency between the two libraries - I had to
list one of the libraries twice to get the link to work.  In other
works, my Makefile had:  libA.a libB.a libA.a
I think somehow this circular dependency is to blame.
In any case, I now have one library which works.
I will dump the symbols and look for duplicates when I have time.
Thanks.


On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 13:26 -0500, Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:
> Hi Bob,
> 
> >Can anyone speculate?
> 
> My first guess is that a symbol in the one library was accidentally
> masking a symbol from the other library.
> 
> You'd have to do a symbol dump of the two archive libraries to see if
> there were symbols in both with the same name.
> 
> My next best guess:  was the crash something to do with RTTI and/or
> EH?
> 
> HTH, 
> --Eljay
> 



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list